Activities within the EuroLSJ Project
Around the Dictionary
The dictionary of the european language was published in early June 2018 (paper and e-book) in the first national language edition (German).
Further Plans for the Dictionary
- translation of the current dictionary into other languages
- offering all the europeanisms presented in the dictionary for listening on this website; also morphological forms and example sentences from the grammar section.
- Continuation of the research, with emphasis on everyday use
There is great music in every language of Europe. It‘s a pity that it's not made known throughout the continent (e.g. by radio)! The artists are missing out on endless opportunities to become rich and famous! All the more interesting is that they will not be put off: at the Eurovision Song Contest of 2018, the trend was clearly towards the native language of the artists. Also the Youtube channel EuroLSJ wants to contribute some little help to this. There you can find music in many european languages with original lyrics, as well as a playlist - certainly the most entertaining way to get to know the languages of Europe, in spelling as well as pronunciation! And for artists certainly the most sustainable way of being successful across Europe without having to give up their authenticity.
“Malování” by Divokej Bill
The text visualization for Malování by Divokej Bill is one of the few in-house productions of EuroLSJ on the channel, but an example of what is possible when combining music in good quality with good visualization: Half a million clicks have this rock-song in czech language brought to a European platform. This is how Europe works!
And This is how Lyrics Can Be Understood:
Enter the title + "Lyrics" into a search engine, select a page from the results list, copy the text from there into a translation program and have it displayed in your native language.
Problems with the Youtube Channel
The protection of copyright is important. However, this may make it harder for Europeans to present music to each other in their language: it requires the artists' permission for their works to be used. Fortunately, they also have therefrom the advantage, that they can become known throughout Europe.
Plans for the Youtube Channel
- more good national language music on the channel
- To make the artists singing in their native language known beyond the borders of their own language area so that the linguistic reality of Europe can gain a place in pop music.
The EuroLSJ project has been presented in German, Italian, English and Russian at linguistics-conferences and congresses at universities and academies, p. e. in Lisbon, Rome, Heidelberg, Zadar, Moscow and Strasbourg.
EuroLSJ is the invitation to a change of perspective that leads to more clarity and overview. An entertaining performance with many pictures and examples from everyday's life makes a presentation of the project and eurolinguistics an inspirational enrichment for every meeting.
Should One Use European Language Directly?
We all speak European as soon as we open our mouths. This is the central message of the EuroLSJ project. In the foreground is therefore the description of something existing.
However, this does not mean that european language material cannot be made accessible in any other way than just by listing in a dictionary. Because:
- It is an advantage for every individual to have in view the unity-aspect of the linguistic reality of Europe when encountering the languages of other Europeans. Because then he or she focuses more on the possibilities and less on the difficulties of understanding these languages.
- Also for the cohesion of the Europeans it can be important to refer to the natural similarities between their languages.
For both the direct encounter with european language-material provides the strongest experience. Additionally:
- European language is a sure eye-catcher that imprints itself into memory and thus gives your multilingual communication sustainable attention.
- For multilingual notes and labels, languages are often marked with flags. European is the only language, that can rightly be labeled with the flag of Europe.
- Incidentally, your European text has a good chance of being understood spontaneously.
So, if you have a public presence and use multilingual clues or labels, then it's definitely an advantage for you to add European to your language repertory.
If you need help, take contact via E-Mail: infoeurolsj.eu.
translated with the help of Google. last update: 16.05.2019
(c) EuroLSJ 2019